The first job was to get everything sanded. I time consuming dull job, but was made a little better with the good weathe which meant I could work outside.
Whilst sanding I gave the hangings a couple of coats of matt black. I sell these hangings in my shop mainly for agricultural gates and barn doors, they come galvanised but I prefer them sprayed matt, they seem to fit the house better.
In what is going to mine and my wifes bedroom we have kept the original oak door frame and hangings. Fortunately neither of us are that tall but it still requires some ducking to get through the door without a headache. I am planning on swapping the screws in this door for some horse shoe nails which have the square heads which are similar to the ones I removed from the old door.
The doors are pretty straight forward to hang, I wedge them into postition fasten the hanger to the frame, and then put the strap on the hanger and fasten the strap to the door. The real beauty of these hinges is that you can just lift the door off them. Brilliant for small adjustments or for when I come to fit the catches I am making.
There is still quite a bit of work required to get the doors finished but they should now enable us to move in, I can fit the stops and catches at a later date.